SQL Server 2017 Express Basics Udemy Free download. Update Notice 4/3/2018: Course has been updated to SQL Server 2017!.
This course is written by Udemy’s very popular author A O and Adiv Abramson. It was last updated on March 30, 2018. The language of this course is English but also have Subtitles (captions) in English (US) languages for better understanding. This course is posted under the categories of Databases, SQL and Development on Udemy.
There are more than 4332 people who has already enrolled in the SQL Server 2017 Express Basics which makes it one of the very popular courses on Udemy. You can free download the course from the download links below. It has a rating of 4.3 given by 423 people thus also makes it one of the best rated course in Udemy.
The Udemy SQL Server 2017 Express Basics free download also includes 7 hours on-demand video, 3 articles, 41 downloadable resources, Full lifetime access, Access on mobile and TV, Assignments, Certificate of Completion and much more.
What am I going to learn?
If you are wondering what you are going to learn or what are the things this course will teach you before free downloading SQL Server 2017 Express Basics, then here are some of things:
- Download and install SQL Server 2017 Express
- Download and Install SQL Server Management Studio 2017
- Write queries that control how many columns are displayed
- Write queries that summarize large quantities of data
- Understand how to choose different data types
- Create a table to represent an entity
- Insert records into tables
- Create indexes to ensure data integrity
- Learn how to restore databases
- Learn how clustered indexes operate
- Learn about SQL Server execution plans
- Learn about a variety of SQL functions
- Understand how to use a variety of online resources related to SQL Server
- Learn how to read simple execution plans
- Learn about physical SQL Server operators like Table Scan and Index Scan
- Learn about scalar physical operators
- Understand how/why to apply column constraints
- Understand the concept of a computed column and why they are useful
- Understand how to use a variety of logical conditions
- Understand how to use where clauses
- Understand how to use where clauses with two logical conditions
- Describe the concept of a parameter
- Explain the reasons for data conversions
- Explain how to use N and $ symbols in data conversions
- Understand the difference between clustered and non clustered indexes
- Understand how to use key statistics like io/cpu readings
- Understand how to differentiate between various icons in the sql plan panel
- Understand the concept of a seek
- Understand how to read and interpret a variety of online resources related to SQL Server
- Understand how to read values from the various panels in SQL Server SSMS
- Understand how to sort data on indexes
- Understand how to read seek predicates
- Understand how to build a nonclustered index with included columns
- Understand how to summarize records with group by
- Understand how to read various stats related to stream aggregation
- Understand the concepts behind clustered index designs
- Understand how to use the over clause
- Understand how clauses are designed to run logically, step by step
- Understand when aliased columns can be used with various clauses
What do I need?
These are the very few things you need first before you can free download SQL Server 2017 Express Basics:
- Must be able to download and install SQL Server 2017 Express
- Must be able to download and install SQL Server 2017 Management Console
- You need to use AdventureWorks2016CTP3 or AdventureWorks2017
Is this course right for me?
If you are still confused whether you should free download SQL Server 2017 Express Basics or is it the course you are actually looking for, then you should know that this course is best for:
- This is a course for beginners in SQL.
- This is NOT a course for intermediate or advanced SQL programmers.
- This is a course for those who like to pause and answer questions as they watch.
- You should already have some familiarity with the concept of a table as a collection of rows and columns.
- You should have some sense of the difference between kilobytes and megabytes.
Most Important: Friends, please be sure to look through the course curriculum with meticulous care before buying to be sure this course will work for you. Thank you.
This course is being updated to bring it up to date with SQL Server 2017.
As of 3/27/2018, 40 videos have been replaced.
Replacement of all videos will happen over a month or so.
Reviews from before 3/6/2017 are from the older version of this course.
The new course features questions built right into the videos.
The new course features audio done with a studio microphone.
If you are at the intermediate or advanced level in SQL, do not join this course.
My explanation can be very detailed at times, so be sure you enjoy that.
Some of the videos cover programming, and some cover using a variety of resources without programming.
I use AdventureWorks2016CTP3, but you can also use AdventureWorks2017. Both are saved under the lesson 2 resources. There is no practical difference between the two for the purposes of this course. You must already know how to download lesson resources. I do not show how to do that.
Various topics are discussed through the videos. For example, there is not just one video on indexes because indexes are too big a topic. I discuss indexes through the videos where they play a role. The same applies to other concepts.
Be sure to look under the lesson resources for additional information and the code.
My explanations, in some of the videos, but not all, can be very detailed, so be sure you enjoy that before enrolling.
If you are looking for powerpoints, fancy graphics or a talking head, please do not enroll. I don’t use those.
I do in different places use zooming to emphasize points.
The videos are an average in 10 minutes in length, so please be aware of that.
All the code is created in the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
I talk about execution plans quite a lot over multiple videos.
This course does not cover joins, normalization or stored procedures.
Friends, to get the most from this course, please watch it all, from beginning to end. There is a lot of information here:)
Tom and Adiv
Free Download SQL Server 2017 Express Basics
File size: 769.46 MB
Last updated: March 30, 2018
File size: 119.57 KB
Last updated: March 30, 2018